Thursday, February 12, 2009

Temple Trip, Movie, and Tutoring

I didn't realize how long it had been since I got on last, I have been to busy on facebook. So we got to go on an all day trip to the temple last saturday. It was really fun, but right after my dad left the church, my shoe broke, so I was walking around everywhere with one shoe. Then, I just gave up on shoes period. They are probably my favorite pair of shoes, I was very sad. This would be the second time that shoe has broken. But it was really weird walking around the temple with one shoe on. Then we went to Mcdonalds for dinner after, and that was disgusting! By the time I got home, my feet were black. It took forever to clean them. Just a couple hours after I got back from the temple, my friend and I went and saw The Uninvited, it was a really good movie. I still can't figure out how some of it ties into the rest. On Tuesday, I went to tutor people after school, but there were like five tutors, and two people who needed tutoring. I actually got put with a kid, but he was only there because his mom was making him. He knew how to do his work, so I sat and did my homework for like an hour and a half, and he left about an hour into it. But I got my homework done, so I just got to go home. But it still counts towards whatever we get for going. They don't count it as volunteer hours though. Speaking of volunteering, I LOVE volunteering at the library. It's soooo much fun! We just do random things. One week I got to make mouse hats, and we get to decorate the windows in the meeting rooms, and the kids area. Then when they did the gingerbread house decorating, we helped with that, and then we got to make our own. They always make fun of my friend and I for being too quiet. I still think in my head that we are in the library, so we should be quiet. But it's so loud back where we usually work. It still fun though!

No comments: